Go to Top Go to Bottom
Animal Breeding and Genetics
Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences 2003;16(7): 939-945.
https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2003.939    Published online January 1, 2003.
Genetic Variation and Genetic Relationship of Seventeen Chinese Indigenous Pig Breeds Using Ten Serum Protein Loci
D. L. Mo, B. Liu, Z. G. Wang, S. H. Zhao, M. Yu, B. Fan, M. H. Li, S. L. Yang, G. X. Zhang, T. A. Xiong, K. Li
Seventeen Chinese indigenous pig breeds and three introduced pig breeds had been carried out by means of vertical polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE). According to the results, eight serum protein loci were highly polymorphic except Pi-2 and Cp. The polymorphism information content (PIC) of Hpx was the highest (0.5268), while that of Cp was the lowest (0.0257). The population genetic variation index showed that about 84% genetic variation existed in the population, and the rest of 16% distributed between the populations. The genetic variation of Yimeng black pig and Duroc were the highest and the lowest, respectively. The genetic variation of Chinese indigenous pig breeds was much more than that of exotic groups. Genetic distance results showed that Chinese indigenous pig breeds were classified into four groups with the three introduced pig breeds clustered into another group. The results also supported the geographic distribution of Chinese indigenous pig breeds in certain extent.
Keywords: Chinese Indigenous Pig; Serum Protein Polymorphism; Genetic Variation; Genetic Relationship

Editorial Office
Asian-Australasian Association of Animal Production Societies(AAAP)
Room 708 Sammo Sporex, 23, Sillim-ro 59-gil, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08776, Korea   
TEL : +82-2-888-6558    FAX : +82-2-888-6559   
E-mail : editor@animbiosci.org               

Copyright © 2024 by Asian-Australasian Association of Animal Production Societies.

Developed in M2PI

Close layer
prev next